Here we go.

17 December 2008

I love small spaces, especially when someone uses creativity to make them work. I cannot envision a kitchen smaller than the one I have, but I think it's because I have a stunted vision & can't see it for what it's truly worth. But, alas, it is a rental, so I'll just have to save my big dreaming for when I'm an owner. It's something I've been mulling over lately.

Anyway, ripped from Apt. Therapy, cute lil' kitchens:





This weather has been stupid. A little winter mix & everyone freaks out & gets to have the day off work/school. NOT ME. No, we've got too many men in positions of power who cannot agree on a single inclement weather policy, so I did not benefit. I feel I would've greatly appreciated a day off, too. I would've kept my home uniform on all day. I would've drank Irish Cream coffees & read decorating & cooking blogs. I'd probably nap a bit, cook something in the crock pot. I would've played with SOLO, too. Eh, maybe next time.

What's your Xmas list looking like?
Me & ATM, we're gonna be real boring and spring for a new couch. That's our "big" gift this year. I don't even know where to begin looking. IK3A? It's gotta be 1) comfortable 2) stylish 3) not used & 4) not hellof expensive. Taking suggestions from persons of know-how.

Other gifts on my wishlist: 1) a bubble umbrella 2) Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything (Note to Santa: Used is o.k.!)

Vacation idea: Go somewhere where you can see the night sky. Go somewhere so dark that when you look up, it's almost terrifying. Where is the darkest sky in the U.S.? A little camping, a little star gazing.


5 comments:

boleroid said...

none of those kitchens are very effective uses of space. especially that one with the bike. there must be some serious frustrated rage going on in that kitchen when (if?) they cook in there.

i'm going to get the household his and hers snugglies (both burgundy), so we can get our cult member look down for 2009. they will look really good with the balaclavas.

nicole said...

Vacation spot: Barn on the Buffalo in Jasper. It's a three-room, fully restored barn - make that: cheaply updated barn - with a wide open field leading to your very own private entrance to the Buffalo River. It's $95/night. Bring your best buddies with you, since it comfortably sleeps six, and it's a great deal. The night sky is speckled with countless stars. I'm talking, stars on top of stars.

Check it: http://www.barnonthebuffalo.com/

Alannah said...

have you seen that light map of the US that shows how much light can be seen from space? Creepy.

AMD & KMHD said...

the bike has got to be decoration more than anything. those kitchen owners are real real tidy! probably freaks.

nat'l geo suggested s.e. arizona for some insane stargazing. i haven't been to that part of the country in a looooong time. i will look into it AND b.o.t.b.

alannah, no, i haven't! link?

the best star viewing i've seen was in colorado, it was breathtaking. it was so bright and you could see EVERYTHING. but, my aunt says that durango is just gettin' out of hand with the light pollution, so it's not as good anymore.

TURN OUT THE LIGHTS, PEOPLE!

Unknown said...

i think you're cute.

Blog Archive